The first day of Makom Afterschool 2016-2017 is September 12, 2016 and the last day is June 29, 2017.
A unique feature of Makom Afterschool is schedule flexibility. Sign up for between 2 and 5 days a week, according to your childcare needs and learning goals. Mondays and Wednesdays are our required Core Days, and Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays are Enrichment Days. Jewish arts and culture and Hebrew language are integrated into the classroom throughout the week. Attending more days a week means your child will be exposed to more Hebrew and Jewish arts and culture. Our fees are in line with other similar programs in the downtown area. Tuition covers all classes from September through June. We are able to offer limited need-based financial aid on a first-come, first-served basis.
- 5 days – $5,100
- 4 days – $4,300
- 3 days – $3,400
- 2 days – $2,500
When registering for the program, 20% is due at registration as a deposit. Deposit rates are as follows:
- 5 days deposit – $1,020
- 4 days deposit – $860
- 3 days deposit – $680
- 2 days deposit – $500
Makom Afterschool has three locations in downtown and midtown Toronto:
- Kensington Market (College & Spadina)
- Seaton Village (Bloor & Bathurst)
- Hillcrest Village (St. Clair & Christie)
(Due to Toronto District School Board policy, we are not allowed to publicize our program using the names of the public schools at which we meet.)
We accept students starting at Junior Kindergarten, provided they are completely potty-trained and able to participate fully in class. However, students do not need to start in Junior Kindergarten to benefit from Makom Afterschool. We have different students at different ages and abilities, and our teachers will work with your child no matter what their Hebrew knowledge.
We are able to accommodate many learning capabilities; if your child has a learning plan with his or her school or may need specific teaching approaches, please speak with Rabbi Aaron before registration to make sure Makom Afterschool is right for you.
How to register your child in Makom Afterschool
- Contact Rabbi Aaron to discuss the program or come to our next Parent Information Night to learn more.
- Review our location, attendance, and transportation details to find the best option for your child/family.
- Fill out the online registration form.
- Submit your tuition deposit with your online registration form, and then mail the remaining payments by cheque. All tuition payments are tax deductible as charitable donations.
- Please review our payment policies before submitting payment.
Questions? Please get in touch by emailing Rabbi Aaron.
We accept registration primarily from early spring through the beginning of the school year, but will accept additional registrations once the school year begins as space allows. Makom Afterschool runs September to June, concurrent with the school year, but if you are moving or have other special circumstances, please contact us to discuss.
- May 1, 2016 – Early Bird Discount deadline
- June 1, 2016 – Busing requests and payment deadline.
- August 15, 2016: Post-dated tuition cheques due.
- August 29, 2016 – Final Registration deadline to be able to start on September 12, 2016, if space allows.
Ready to register? REGISTER HERE.
- Tuition for children’s religious education is considered by the Canada Revenue Agency to be a tax deductible charitable donation . Makom will issue tax receipts for the full amount of tuition paid.
- 1/5 of tuition is due at registration as a non-refundable deposit. Once you submit your registration form, you will be taken to a payment page, where you will submit payment. This amount is applied toward your tuition.
- The remainder of tuition can be charged at registration along with the deposit. Otherwise, the remainder is due in four equal payments by post-dated cheques, dated September 1, October 1, November 1, and December 1.
- If you require busing, you will pay for busing separately from tuition by June 1, with one cheque for all 10 months of busing. Note that the availability of busing is pending busing registration numbers.
Tuition deposit is due at registration and is paid through PayPal with a credit card, chequing account, or PayPal account.
Upon submitting your registration form, please mail four post-dated cheques for the remaining payments, payable to “Makom,” to: Makom, 402 College Street, Toronto, ON M5T 1S8. Cheques returned as non-sufficient funds are subject to a $40 fee per cheque.
Cheques are for the following amounts:
- 5 days/week post-dated cheques – 4 x $1,020
- 4 days/week post-dated cheques – 4 x $860
- 3 days/week post-dated cheques – 4 x $680
- 2 days/week post-dated cheques – 4 x $500
- We require submission of all cheques for each child at time of registration.
- The tuition deposit is fully non-refundable.
- The transportation payment is fully non-refundable.
- After registration, if you withdraw your child from Makom Afterschool, the following timetable applies:
- June 1 and before: Refund of all tuition payments, except deposit
- June 2- July 31: Refund of 50% of annual tuition, except deposit
- 1 and afterward: Tuition is completely non-refundable
- If you decide to reduce the number of days your child attends Makom Afterschool once the year has started, you may do so, but we are unable to refund any tuition payments as class sizes and teaching staff have been determined according to registration numbers.
- Please note that children’s religious education tuition paid is considered by the Canada Revenue to be a charitable donation. Therefore, in the event of a child’s withdrawal from Makom Afterschool, any non-refunded tuition payments will still be considered tax-deductible donations for which tax receipts will be issued.
- No exceptions will be made to this policy.