- Joyous Sukkot and Friday night services with potluck kiddush in the Sukkah
- High holiday services at Hart House
- Downtown Tikkun Leil Shavuot
- Chanukah candle lighting, learning, kids’ story + Kensington Soltice Parade (December 21, 2011)
- Water Under Our Feet: Garrison Creek urban hike for Shemini Atzeret (Sunday October 23) – in partnership with Shoresh and Natan.
- The SUKKOT & WATER Paradox: Learning in the Sukkah w/ Guest Teacher Miriam-Simma Walfish (Tuesday October 18, 2011
- Joyous Sukkot and Friday night services with potluck dinner in the Sukkah(October 14, 2011)
- Yom Kippur Afternoon Experiential Program, Ne’ilah Service & Potluck Break-Fast (Saturday October 8, 2011)
- Rooftop Nuit Blanche Havdallah, co-presented with Miles Nadal JCC and Shoresh with support from Natan: A rooftop, musical havdallah followed by Kiddush Levanah and a participatory arts project. (Saturday October 1, 2011)
- Second annual Lakeside tashlikh + Friday Night Services – Friday September 30 at H2O Park
- Tisha b’av Experiential Program, Tzedakah for Hunger & Eikhah Reading – Monday August 8, 2011
- Lag BaOmer programs on Toronto Island– Sunday May 22 at Olympic Island picnic area 21 (near Centre Island Ferry Dock):
- Lag ba-Omer Family Program & Picnic
- Lag ba-Omer Bonfire & Picnic
- Baking Bread: Outdoor Baking in Honour of Shavuot
Sunday June 12, 1:30-4pm @ Dufferin Grove Park by the outdoor bake ovens. Co-hosted by Shoresh Jewish Environmental Programs. Part of the “Jewish Time/Local Landscapes” series presented by Makom and Shoresh with funding from Natan’s Emerging Models of Jewish Connection grant.
- WHERE SINAI MEETS SPADINA: Downtown Tikkun Leil Shavuot– Tuesday, June 7, 9:00 PM – Wednesday June 8, 6:00 AM at the MNjcc.
Presented in partnership with the Annex Shul, Camp Gesher and Habonim Dror, Congregation Darchei Noam, Congregation Shir Libeynu, Downtown Jewish Community School, First Narayever Congregation, Jewish Family and Child, Kolel and the Prosserman JCC, Limmud Toronto, Makom, Paul Penna Downtown Jewish Day School, Shoresh.
- Shabbat-Hanukkah Services + Dinner with the Kiever– Friday December 3, 2010 at The Kiever Shul
- Tashlikh & Joyous Friday Night Services at the Lake – On the second day of Rosh Hashana approximately 50 people joined at H20 Park West on the Lake for a spiritual Tashlikh service. We symbolically cast away our sins before a joyous kabbalat shabbat service at the water’s edge.
- Tishah be-Av Special Program, Tzedakah for Hunger and Eikhah Reading – Monday July 19, 2010
- Downtown Tikkun Leil Shavuot: All-Night Festival of Diverse Jewish Learning– Tuesday May 18, 2010
- Purim: See Makom’s Facebook group for Purim photos and video. Thanks to all who came out Saturday night and Sunday afternoon to celebrate together as a downtown Jewish community through ritual, play, cooking, eating, drinking, and learning. Special thanks to everyone who volunteered in myriad helpful ways, our 9 fantastic megillah readers, Samba Elegua for their awesome surprise performance, and to Tema Smith for planning and running the whole shebang. The Makom community raised $368 for matanot le-evyonim (gifts for the poor), which was donated to Yad Eliezer, providing comprehensive poverty relief in Israel.